In Gaviota Simbac we are sun lovers. We look for it everywhere and get exposed to it with all kind of protection. So from our social profiles in Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest we offer you the best ways to enjoy the sun.
In our post of today we want to go more deeply into its characteristics so we share some data and sources where you can find aditional reliable information.
- The sun is a dwarf star. Although it may seem huge, -it is 330,000 times heavier than Earth, 3,498 times larger than Saturn and represents 99.8% of the mass of the solar system, is negligible when compared with other stars like the case of Antares.
- It is composed mainly of hydrogen (73.5%) and Hydrogen (25.5%).
- The distance from Earth to the sun is called an astronomical unit, or AU, which is used to measure distances throughout the solar system. The AU has been defined as 149,597,870,700 meters (92,955,807 miles). If the Sun stopped producing energy today, it would take 50 million years for the effects to be felt on Earth, although we would realize that their light has gone out in 8 minutes.
- The age of the Sun is 4.57 billion years and the expected lifetime is another 5 billion years.
- The brightness of the sun equals the luminosity of 4 trillion 100watios bulbs.
You know that we are experts on smart sun protection so after sharing all this information about the sun and to encourage you to know it better, we can only make a very important warning:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES YOU SHOULD LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE SUN WITHOUT PROTECTION OR USE BINOCULARS/ TELESCOPE WITHOUT APPROPRIATE SPECIAL FILTERS.
IGNORING THIS WARNING MAY CAUSE PERMANENT BLINDNESS OR IMPORTANT EYES INJURIES.