The holidays are nearly gone but not the summer. Although it seems that the hottest days have passed, in some places we must not drop our guard and still keep our houses cool to get a night’s sleep environment that help us to start the new season.
Solar protection systems are essential to avoid the sun and heat coming in our space. Awnings, rolling shutters and screens help the sun and the heat do not directly affect the interior of the housing. Keep awnings opened and blinds drawn during the hours of greatest exposure in order to get a cool and pleasant temperature that invites to come back home after the first working days.
In addition to these solar protection solutions that you can see full detailed in our website, this time we offer you other simple gestures that will help create an “oasis” in your home.
- Keep your house completely closed during hottest hours. Air it out at beginning and end of the day when the heat is not oppresive.
- Avoid direct lights because lighting warms. Uses indirect lights and dimmable spot lights.
- If you have air conditioner you must know that turn it on and turn it off often does not mean saving money, quite the contrary: the thermostat has to work harder to retrieve temperature and is forced. The ideal is to get around the 25 º C temperature and external temperature difference should not exceed 5 ° C lower, so it is preferable to keep the air conditioning on “high” temperature for longer. And do not forget to clean the filters regularly.
- Reduce the use of household appliances to the minimum. Even the smallest one radiates heat. Avoid cooking with the oven.
- Keep dressing your home up for summer. Use light cotton textiles to cover sofas and beds and thin curtains especially for windows facing east and west.
Can you think of other ideas? Tell them to us. Happy return to normal!